Thursday, January 13, 2011

I just love when I find easy ways to accomplish tasks

I have had to send several pages of PDF files lately and was trying to put all associated papers into 1 file. Not easy, or so I thought, when you do not have the software for it. I'm cheap, I like to do free whenever I can, especially if free is as good as or better than what you pay for. 

So, I'm searching around, reading old ideas that no longer work, they are all outdated and obsolete, but then much to my delight I discovered all I had to do was to use "Preview" already installed on my iMac!  

All you do is open the first file, pdf or not, in "Preview". Be sure the side bar is open so you can see this page on the right side panel. Then drag the additional icon/pages on top of (not under) the files and voila, you have one file! Then just do the "Save As", "pdf" and of course name it in the process, and your done. Takes a few seconds. 

Very pleased that this site was updated to reflect newer operating systems! Thanks to

How to Merge PDF Files With Your Mac for Free (Leopard & earlier OS’s)

for making life much easier!

No comments: